Website Builder Apps for iPad – Our Reviews
We made this review for you with 3 questions in mind.
Can you build an entire website with an iPad ?
What can a site builder on an iPad Do ?
What are the limitations of these Apps ?
Read more About Our Reviews.
- With SimDif you actually feel like you’re making a website as you make it, which raises the chances that you’ll finish your website.
- It’s the only app that can build websites in exactly the same way on all devices – iPad, iPhone, Android and computer.
- You can make websites for all platforms, not just mobile sites.
- An enjoyable interface with all the features easy to find and use.
- Several new features in recent updates have improved this app a great deal, but the lack of flexibility will still deter business and creative users.
- Providing you can live with the limited feature set you will have no trouble finishing a website with Simpl.
- Great environment to create in but drag and drop doesn’t work properly.
- Not the full features of Weebly so not ideal for switching between devices.
Still quite impressive.
- The failure in the text editor makes it too difficult to write content so users may well have to switch to the destkop to finish their sites.
- A very attractive set of features and design possibilities but a confusing application to use. I stumbled from mistake to mistake.
- In theory HTML Egg can create website to serve all sorts of purposes.
- Too difficult to get a result. Beyond the usable limits of an App for now. Accept something simpler, or use a computer.
- Nice environment to work in and easy to use.
- Very few of the features of Jimdo for desktop are available in the app, and some of the themes are incompatible.
- Jimdo hope we’ll use their browser based website builder to fill in the gaps. I would just use another app.
Two of the website builders we reviewed fulfilled at least 2 of our 3 main review criteria. Simpl and SimDif are both easy to use for complete beginners, and both offer a good chance of completing a website. Weebly can easily join this group and might well move ahead if they could fix the bugs in the drag and drop interface and add more of the desktop features to the app.
SimDif and Weebly are the only apps that provide an easy way to build websites with rich content which look good on computers and mobile devices.
Simpl is very straightforward to use and has several important new features, but the websites still look basic. Only SimDif offers a truly multi-platform builder which allows you to work in the same way on mobile, tablet or computer.